Ring of Bright Water
by Gavin Maxwell
Ot(t/h)er interesting places
- Site of the Eilean Ban Trust Gavin Maxwell lived on Eilean Ban from January 1968 until he died in September 1969. Nowadays the Skye road bridge passes over the island.
The former lighthouse cottage houses a collection, in the Long Room, devoted to the life and times of Gavin Maxwell.
- Gavin Maxwell is one of Damaris' favourite authors.
- Scotland movie location guide tells where the film of the book has been made.
- The house in which the Mackinnon's lived, Maxwell's nearest neighbours, situated at the top of the track that leads to Camusfearna is now available to rent for your holidays!.
- The International Otter Survival Fund is a global organisation working to conserve all 13 species of otter by helping to support scientists and other workers in practical conservation, education, research and rescue and rehabilitation.
Pages of this website are: the indexpage
the text on the sleeve-jacket
Gavin Maxwell's foreword
what the critics said
the 'thank you' poem
a lonely cottage
my own pictures
The Rocks Remain
Books & films by others
links to ot(t/h)ers